harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory Shimansky" <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] need a quick answer re how things are linked...
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:35:02 GMT
Hello Nataly, Geir

I think the main reason why the list of DLLs is in CPP code is that from the
names of libraries it constructs full paths to the files in VM location. Why
the list of DLL names is hardcoded is a historical leftover. We didn't
presume that may change often. It contains the DLLs which have to be
preloaded on startup by VM in order to allow the base APIs to initialize.
The rest of native code is loaded in a normal way with System.loadLibrary.

Hardcoding the list is probably bad for development purposes but RI does the
same. Try to rename some library like zip.dll and it will not start. Do you
think it should be changed?