harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Can't build native on winXP
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:54:00 GMT
--- Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 30 June 2006 01:27 Matt Benson wrote:
> > Definitely used to that.  I couldn't get your
> > cygwin.bat recipe to work, but just your having
> said
> > that had already gotten me thinking.  I finally
> got my
> > cygwin env. set up and can build there now.
> Thanks
> > for the push.
>
> There is no secret. It is very simple and you can
> add other bat files for
> environment tweaks like to make includes from
> Platform SDK to go first before
> includes from Visual Studio to avoid new "secure"
> calls:

For some reason, I had to call vcvars32.bat or the
compiler wasn't on my path.  Perhaps you keep VC\bin
in your path anyway.  I went ahead and created a
harmony.bat file so I didn't have to clutter my normal
cygwin batch file.  I also had to do some playing with
my paths in cygwin (I normally set them in
.bash_profile) so that the regular cygwin paths would
have lower priority than the MS paths; in particular
cygwin link was getting found instead of the MS
version.  Then I went ahead and set up the other stuff
I needed as well.  I ended up with (ignore any weird
line breaks):

@echo off

CD /D C:\cygwin

SET
PATH=%CD%\bin;%CD%\usr\bin;%CD%\usr\local\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin;C:\nasm-0.98.39;%PATH%

CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"

SET INETSDK=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK
for Windows Server 2003 R2

rem I don't know that debug is necessary, but it
doesn't hurt:
CALL "%INETSDK%\SetEnv.Cmd" /XP32 /DEBUG

SET INCLUDE=%INETSDK%\Include\crt;%INCLUDE%

SET
ANT_OPTS=-Dbuild.compiler=org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter
-Dant.regexp.regexpimpl=org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.JakartaOroRegexp

SET ANT_ARGS=-logger
org.apache.tools.ant.NoBannerLogger -lib
%CD%/depends/jars/ecj_3.2MAINT/ecj_3.2MAINT.jar

SET JAVA_HOME=%ProgramFiles%/Java/jdk1.5.0_05

CD /D C:\harmony

CLS

C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -i

-Matt