harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Using Visual Studio C++ Express to compile classlib - fails.
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:23:35 GMT

On 27 June 2006 at 16:23, "Gregory Shimansky" <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I hope my NASM port will not be discarded because it may
> be used to compile Harmony with free as in speech Cygwin or MinGW
> toolchains.

It wont!

A while back I looked at the MinGW toolchain, but gave up since with the
flat native structure it was difficult to find an approach that wasn't
all or nothing.  (And while building some dlls with MinGW was easy, some
were quite difficult ... this was before your nasm port too which will
also make it easier now!)

Once the natives tree is split in to the modules, I intend to try
tackling a module at a time which should be much easier.

Regards,
 Mark.