harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] build works on linux
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:47:03 GMT
On Friday 23 June 2006 02:18 Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> >> We would be able to do it if really necessary, but I'd rather avoid if
> >> we can.  I do think that the current DRLVM shows that it can be avoided
> >>    (so we have a way for people to get started) as well as the
> >> flexibility for people who want the control.
> >>
> >>From the Gentoo user standpoint who can just type
> >
> > emerge ant cpptasks eclipse log4cxx apr icu icu4j
> >
> > and get all the dependencies installed in the system I wholeheartedly
> > support the way for build just to point to locations of already installed
> > binaries.
>
> Exactly.

I wanted to add that patching ant with cpptasks as it is done today should not
be allowed since system wide installations are usually write protected.

> > After all it is the way all other software actually installs on Linux.
> > Yes for windows maybe we'll need binaries kept somewhere in a shed.
>
> Nah :)

Ok a set of URLs probably should be enough. Since there is no package manager
in windows every library has to be downloaded somehow. But I just don't know
off top of my head where to get log4cxx or apr libraries for windows and
googling doesn't give any easy answer.