harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Simplifying the ant files?
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:33:06 GMT

On 19 June 2006 at 8:55, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Hindess wrote:
> > On 19 June 2006 at 14:03, "Mikhail Loenko" <mloenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Good stuff. I was also thinking about separating exclude list from
> >> modules' build.xml.
> >
> > Yes that definitely makes sense.  (I did that in one of the old JIRAs
> > but had forgotten about it.)
>
> And George had submitted a patch to do that too in HARMONY-263.  That
> was a while ago and has languished while we had other things on our
> collective mind, maybe its time has come now.  It would be a shame to
> reinvent it.

I agree.  George's patch was much more sophisticated and we should
definitely use that approach.  (That doesn't mean I wont pull them
out in a trivial manner if it happens to simplify the other build.xml
changes I'm making in the meantime.)

> > I'll wait another 24 hours for comments and then I'll get started on
> > these improvements.
>
> Are you volunteering to move the build.xml's up a level?  I'm quite
> happy to do it, but don't want to step on your toes.

Yes. Done at the top-level.  I'm going to tackle the modules next.

-Mark.