harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][testing]resource files: location and usage
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:39:14 GMT
On Monday 19 June 2006 20:33 Anton Luht wrote:
> It is not a good idea to put creation of such resources in something
> like setUp() method in JUnit test because who knows if a read-only
> file created by VM under test is really read-only or not :)

Extending this question would be how do you know that JUnit framework executed
by VM under test does actually produce the correct results?

I think there should be some minimal trust in the means which tests use,
resources creation included into it. It would be a good starting point at
least for now.