harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] I modified "build.xml" to stop running the "clean" target on every invocation
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:18:19 GMT

On 16 June 2006 at 10:52, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:

> While we are on the subject, how about we move the build.xml up a
> level into classlib/trunk (and each modules' build.xml up a level
> too) [1].  I would like to leave the helper scripts down in the make
> subdirs, such that the build.xml would only have targets that we
> expect anyone to call, and the subtargets would go into the helpers?

Well at least I know one other person supports one of my "Simplifying
ant files" issues/rants.

> [1] I'm hoping that by now you have forgotten I asked for them to be
> put in make, but I've got over that aberration now :-) Of course I'm
> volunteering to do the refactoring myself to make up for it.

You should no by now that we always remember these things when the time
comes to buy the beers.

However, you might remind me that I was volunteering to do the work in
my message that came in 10 minutes before yours. ;-)

-Mark.