harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r413113 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/make: components/extra/apr.xml components/extra/aprutil.xml components/extra/log4cxx.xml targets/common_classlib.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 18:56:57 GMT

On 9 June 2006 at 14:41, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> Mark Hindess wrote:
> > On 9 June 2006 at 18:06, geirm@apache.org wrote:
> >> Author: geirm
> >> Date: Fri Jun  9 11:06:17 2006
> >> New Revision: 413113

> >> Log:
> >> tweaks to stop the <apr-1/foo.h> stuff, and
> >> just do <foo.h> for APR includes.  Not a big deal
> >> but let me get more comfortable w/ the build.
> >>
> >> No functional changes.
> >>
> >> Code change commit will follow
> >
> > [ snipped, good stuff cleaning up includes. ]
> >
> > There are issues like this with the awt/swing contribution (see
> > HARMONY-534) doing includes in non-standard and even in a way that broke
> > the build for me.  I think it is a big deal to use header files in the
> > way that is intended/common.
>
> I don't understand the last sentence.

Me neither.  ;-)

What I mean is doing things like:

  #include <Xft/Xft.h> # and -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11

when the man page and everyone else does:

  #include <X11/Xft/Xft.h> # and -I/usr/X11R6/include

We should use the common/intended form.  Same almost certainly applies
to the apr changes you made.

> And weren't you checking out for the weekend? :)

Oh yeah.  I really should stop working/playing now.  (Especially after
that sentence in the previous email.)

-Mark.