harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject Re: [testing] Re: AWT, Java2D and SWING contribution
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:19:52 GMT
I believe that Classpath uses the VisualTestEngine we developed at Acunia.
Requires manual operation, but it has facilities for explanatory texts, pass/
fail indications, etc.. It will even run applets if you ask it nicely. You
can find it in the SVN repository at www.wonka-vm.org (which is down at the
moment I write this, I'll ping Luminis to ask why).

I don't think it's that difficult to hack X to write to normal RAM instead of
a framebuffer, but the real problem is that there's no hard spec of which
pixels should change to what colour when you create e.g. a button. You could
instrument an X server in other ways though, for example to see that [J]Frame
actually opens a new window and sets its title.

Chris