harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416738 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/bootclasspath.properties
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:06:36 GMT
Stupid question. I am trying to compile current version of drlvm.
After a bunch of downloads which still remains (including huge
eclipse-3....gz) compilation failes with:
build.java:
     [echo] ## Building Java classes of 'vm.kernel_classes'
    [javac] Compiling 48 source files to
/home/ivan/experiments/harmony/drlvm/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release/semis/vm/kernel_classes/_classes
    [javac] javac: invalid target release: jsr14
    [javac] Usage: javac <options> <source files>
    [javac] where possible options include:
    [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info
    [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info
I am using jdk-1.4 and rely on eclipse compiler everywhere. The
message means that compiler from jdk is used.

What for we download eclipse, if its compiler is ignored? :)
--
Ivan

> Oops I forgot to write that the patch is in JIRA HARMONY-655.
>
> On Sunday 25 June 2006 22:46 Gregory Shimansky wrote:

> > > Yes, it's definitely a regression.  Probably at least partly my fault,
> > > so I've fixed it in r417017.
> > >
> > > Gregory, this should almost fix the ordering issue except for String
> > > which has moved out of the kernel classes in to luni.  But as Tim says
> > > the real solution is to load the VM's versions of kernel classes first
> > > the same way the IBM VME does it.
> >
> > Sure I've created a patch to properties parser which adds kernel.jar
> > unconditionally to the beginning of bootclasspath, and filters out
> > everything which isn't beginning with bootclasspath.[0-9] so no *.source
> > and other properties appear in the property.
>
> --

Ivan
Intel Middleware Products Division