harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build problems
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:42:32 GMT
There are a few more problems with classlib compilation using eclipse compiler:

1. Tools modules ignores property build.compiler which is set in
make/build-java.xml
2. Compilation problem in java/util/Properties.java (using ECJ on jre 1.4.x):

    [javac] 1086. ERROR in
/home/ivan/experiments/harmony/CLASSLIB/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/util/Properties.java
    [javac]  (at line 568)
    [javac] 	String value = entry.getTextContent();
    [javac] 	                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The method getTextContent() is undefined for the type Element

There is no other problems, except huge number of ecj compiler warnings.
--
Ivan

> Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> > Initial size can be reduced, it works fine. So far… Since the number of
> > files to compile will only grow as time goes.
> > Isn't it more general solution compile sources by modules (in same VM,
> > without fork)?
>
> That's how I normally work anyway, and as we have snapshots available to
> compile against people can always bootstrap the module compilation from
> a previous build.
>
> However, we do need to retain the option to rebuild the entire world
> from scratch, so I expect there will always be a top level build.
>
> I'll reduce the footprint options -- please howl if it does not suit.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> --
>
> Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)