harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] adding write barriers to Jitrino.JET
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:25:16 GMT
I didn't look at the MMTk source, but IMHO the special translation of
bytecodes is not nessasary in first stage. If the functionality
implemented as methods which are handled specially in jikes, in
interpreter they can be implemented as native methods. Anyway, I do
not insist on the use of interpreter, just wanted to clarify this
case.

As for the patch, you will at least find the places in VM code where
missing write barriers should be added.

Regards,
--
Ivan