Hi,
  ij.exe on Windows ( both debug and release ) build and  run fine with simple tests.
However, with both versions, when running Eclipse, a few of the Eclipse options( eg., "What's New" etc. from the Welcome Screen ) don't work for me, though the IDE launches quite nicely and I can define a project and so on. Is anyone else seeing this?

On the ij console, I get errors like:

ERROR: Destructive unwinding: C++ objects detected on stack! droping 0x0619A8E4

setting curr 0x0619B300

Unhandled event loop exception

Reason:

javax/naming/directory/DirContext

My ECLIPSE_HOME is quite healthy BTW and launching Eclipse from there locally, using a different jre works fine.

Some poking around with the debugger showed that the alarming error message "Distructive Unwinding: C++ Objects detected..." is not as terrible as it first looks. During stack unwind if the stack iterator finds some unexpected C++ objects like the logger etc. on the stack, it tries to look for a healthy handler, which it seems to find here anyway..

stack_iterator_ia32.cpp :

void cpp_set_last_frame(...)

The javax are the external classes(crypto, net, security...) being pre-copied from Harmony, so could there possibly be a problem with these?

There are also a couple of smoke test failures when I ran the attached tests... I am attaching one...happens both with jit and interpreter.....

I will keep looking, but any help would be welcome :-)

Rana Dasgupta
Intel Middleware Dev.

On 5/4/06, Andrey Chernyshev <a.y.chernyshev@gmail.com > wrote:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the useful notes:

> 1) On setting the COMPILER_CFG_SCRIPT as outlined in the README.  I
> could not figure out how to get it to work with the Windows Platform
> SDK.  There is no vcvars.bat in the platform sdk just SetEnv.Cmd which
> doesn't work quite the same way.  I switched it to use VisualStudio .NET
> environment [vcvars.bat] and it worked fine.  Are there any tricks to
> setting the environment to an SDK prompt?

Did you try setting something like COMPILER_CFG_SCRIPT=c:\SDK\SetEnv.Cmd ?

The idea was that COMPILER_CFG_SCRIPT is a hook that lets a developer
to configure environment for C compiling in a way whatever he likes,
you can put here your  own script that does the right things in case
SetEnv.Cmd doesn't work for some reason. On my box, however, setting
it directly to SetEnv.Cmd worked as well.

> 2) I suggest that people who download should avoid directory names with
> spaces in them when you run build.cmd.  I originally tried it in a

One more tip: if you don't want something to be downloaded at all, you
can use the pre-installed software by setting the appropriate *_HOME
variable.

For example, if people hate to download Eclipse, it should help if the
ECLIPSE_HOME is set to point to the Eclipse 3.1.1 installation directory.
One more option is to specify alternate zip archive location in
make/*.properties file.

Thanks,
Andrey.