harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Stress tests] generator review I
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 11:53:55 GMT
Alexander,

I've looked at the existing JUnit extensions and some ot them look
quite similar to your generator proposal at first glance.

The list of extentions is here:

http://www.junit.org/news/extension/index.htm

The most relevant seem to be: JUnitPerf  and JMTUnit . I'm not sure
that their license fits Harmony (JUnitPerf has BSD one and the license
of JMTUnit is not specified on the project page) but the functionality
seems to be very close to the generator.

The main difference I see now is that your tool supports command-line
parsing and those ones need creating additional JUnit tests that
contain wrappes for existing ones.

Here is an example of JUnitPerf test that runs some JUnit test (Test1)
in 2 threads 20 times in each thread (imports omitted):

public class JUnitPerfTest1 {

        Test testCase = new TestSuite(Test1.class);
        Test loadTest = new LoadTest(testCase, 2, 20);
        junit.textui.TestRunner.run(loadTest);
    }
}

My question is: are there any strong reasons for creating yet another
framework or we can reuse an existing one?

--
Regards,
Anton Luht,