harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intention to work on Pack200 uncompressor/compressor
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 07:33:39 GMT
2006/5/26, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@gmail.com>:
> The only problem is that I'm building this on a Mac (primarily)
That's not a problem. Probably you are lucky guy :)

> and so I don't have the ability to download the IBM VM for bootstrapping the
> VM process (though a later task is to see if I can help with the
> migration of the VM to Mac OS X).
You can try to build Harmony VMs which are provided with sources.
DRLVM for example.
It will be an interesting experience.

> Can I develop it against the Java
> 1.4 on my machine for the o.a.h module first, and then contribute it
> in stages?
If it will work with Java on MacOS X then it should work on Harmony VM.

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division