harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [website] harmony-dev agreements and recommendations
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 13:22:21 GMT
Guys,
What do you think about the following recomendations?
These are only 'recomendations' and not must have rules, but if these
recomendations will become 'official'  it will improve the quality of API in
the long perspective.

1) Try avoid "magic number" nor "magic strings" in code ( the constant name
by itself can be a good comment )
2) Try to make all objects used for synchronization 'final'  (we have a lot
of non-final monitors in API, so we give a chance to bugs)
3) Never call to Boolean of Integer contructors (performance issue, there
are a lot of such calls in our API)
4) Never do manual array copying (our crypto API does )
5) Check if it's possible to make method static or private (performance
issue, will help to devirtualizer a lot)

--
Mikhail Fursov
Intel Middleware Products Division