harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 02:37:14 GMT
I have a question.

Consider scenario:

JRE has java.security configuration file that includes list of
providers. At some
(usually start-up) time this file is being loaded and parsed. Then providers are
loaded too and list of available algorithms is created.

Some algorithms or even whole providers might require native libraries, those
libraries could be unavailable at the moment of load attempt.

If the libraries are unavailable we have the following options:
1. Do not include algorithm that requires unavailable libraries into the list
of available algorithms.
2. Do not include whole provider
3. Terminate VM

It is reasonabe that 1&2 are supplemented with some logging.
RI seems to do #2 plus logging.

What should we do if logging is prohibited?

Thanks,
Mikhail