harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] resource files for testing serialization - location and name?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 10:28:39 GMT
2006/5/18, Jimmy, Jing Lv <firepure@gmail.com>:
> Stepan Mishura wrote:

> >> <SNIP>

> >> org.apache.harmony.tests.java.lang.SomeClassTestwe
> >>
> >> For they are ser-files of a certain class, why not name it with the
> >> class's name, e.g. someclass.X.X.ser?
> >

> > We may wish to create a number of tests for a class with names like
> > SomeClass1Test, SomeClass2Test .... So it will be clear from ser-file name
> > which test use it if the ser-file name starts with test's name.
> >

> In the discussion we have a position for index in the name, maybe it is
> better to use that. ".ser" suggests it is a ser-file of one class, after
> all it is not the ser-file of the test itself, right? :)
>
> However IMHO, in most cases, we need no more than two ser-files (one for
> RI and one for Harmony).

Not sure, how did you calculate that statistics, but I think we should not
hardcode in our conventions that our serialization testing will always
be that poor.

In the best case we should make sure that each possible state of each
serializable class is serialization OK.

Thanks,
Mikhail

Add more postfix seems unnecessary. Is that OK