harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Testing
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 12:00:43 GMT
Alexei

package naming for stress tests does not exactly match what was described,
(there is no 'stress' in the package name) but directory layout is correct.

2006/5/4, Fedotov, Alexei A <alexei.a.fedotov@intel.com>:
> Paulex, Mikhail, all,
> Do I understand the proposed directory structure for stress tests
> correctly?
>
> src/test/
>    +- impl/
>    +- compliant/
>    +- stress/
>    |   |
>    |   +- org
>    |       |
>    |       +- apache
>    |           |
>    |           +- harmony
>    |               |
>    |               +- test
>    |                   |
>    |                   +- stress
>    |                       |
>    |                       +- generator
>    |                       |   |
>    |                       |   +- Loop.java
>    |                       |   |
>    |                       |   +- Thread.java
>    |                       |   |
>    |                       |   \- Package.java
>    |                       |
>    |                       +- gc
>    |                       |
>    |                       \- <more packages>
>    \- etc/
>

> > 1) We will run compliant to validate test suite
> > 2) We will not run stress before commit
> I think pre-commit checks should be done according to a test list, not a
> directory structure. The reason is simple: number of compliant tests in
> a directory will constantly grow while the pre-commit check must take a
> reasonable time.

Do you think that people will contribute many tests for well-tested modules?

Well, more tests run - less chances to miss a bug. Right now tests run
reasonable time. We can revisit decision when it is not the case.

Thanks,
Mikhail