harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernando Cassia" <fernando.cas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So today Sun announced...
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 19:02:53 GMT
On 5/17/06, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> But as I mentioned before, this is still irrelevant as far as open-java
> efforts because the JRE/JDK source code is not available

Well, this is not entirely accurate. The source of Mustang has been open for
months, for others to take a peek into and fix bugs.

http://download.java.net/jdk6/

The problem is, any changes you make must be submitted back to Sun and it´s
up to them if the changes-fixes are incorporated or not, at least as far as
I understand it.

and cannot be
> modified and redistributed, even if it passes the TCK tests.

This is true, hopefully this will change soon - I hope-.

FC