harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernando Cassia" <fernando.cas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So today Sun announced...
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 17:51:24 GMT
On 5/17/06, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> It's still a very strange license with a lot of oddities.  For
> example, it does not allow end users to use Debian's versions for
> cross-platform development.

Do you -or anyone else besides lawyers on crack living in their private
little bubble- really think anyone out there REALLY gives a  ***** about the
wording of the end-user license??.  Most end-users I know click "ok" or
press [enter] faster than an eye can blink.

Plus, If I create java bytecode with it and distribute it, what proof is
there -in the bytecode- about if I used version "x" or "y" ???

  The JPackage folks have an interesting
> discussion, and I expect that the discussion (flaming?) on Debian's
> mailing lists will begin once the list server is back up.
>
> Waste of time...

FC