harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernando Cassia" <fernando.cas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So today Sun announced...
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 12:35:18 GMT
On 5/17/06, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderaxiom@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fernando Cassia skrev  den 16-05-2006 23:07:
>
> I generally agree with you that IBM have a hard time selling gold at
> half the price,

Not only that, they dig a hole and put gold into a hole, then denying the
gold ever existed.
Then they start sellling cheap tin (WinXP based solutions) instead... ;-)

but VisualAge is still alive - it has just been
> rewritten from Scheme to Java and been renamed to Eclipse (or Rational
> Application Developer).  You may have heard of it :)

While I like Netbeans, I know about Eclipse and I heard about the
contributions to it based on VA. However, I don't think I can start pasting
VisualAge for Basic code into Eclipse and create win32, OS/2, or AIX
binaries from it like it was possible with VA for Basic, or can I?

FC

--

--
"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my
religion."

"I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider
ethics to be an important but exclusively human concern, without any
supernatural authority behind it."
- Albert Einstein.