harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r407752 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src: main/java/org/apache/harmony/luni/internal/net/www/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 04:55:34 GMT
Hi George,

On 5/19/06, George Harley wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:
> [SNIP]
> Hi Stepan,
>
> Is your preference to separate out all "remote server dependent" tests
> (that could be made work with a locally installed server) from the
> normal test flow ?

Yes.

> For instance, have them run in a separate junit batch
> that was dependent on an Ant property value (e.g. run.net.tests) ?
> Another possibility is to invoke the tests under discussion via a JUnit
> TestSuite - again, perhaps depending on an Ant property.
>
> Basically I want to be sure here that we are talking about a logical
> separation of the tests using Ant and JUnit techniques and not a
> physical separation of files in the file system.

 We can separate them in any acceptable way. All I want that we clearly
define which tests require 'remote server' to be run and keep these test
separately from 'normal test flow'. For this particular case I believe that
there is no need in 'remote server' and we can use local server stub.

Thanks,
Stepan.