harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] resource files for testing serialization - location and name?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 10:44:38 GMT
On 5/18/06, Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:

> >> <SNIP>

> >> org.apache.harmony.tests.java.lang.SomeClassTestwe
> >>
> >> For they are ser-files of a certain class, why not name it with the
> >> class's name, e.g. someclass.X.X.ser?
> >

> > We may wish to create a number of tests for a class with names like
> > SomeClass1Test, SomeClass2Test .... So it will be clear from ser-file
> name
> > which test use it if the ser-file name starts with test's name.
> >

> In the discussion we have a position for index in the name, maybe it is
> better to use that. ".ser" suggests it is a ser-file of one class, after
> all it is not the ser-file of the test itself, right? :)

I'm not sure that I caught what you mean here - 'ser' is just extension for
resource files that contains serialized objects. 'ser' extension doesn't
relate to files indexing.

However IMHO, in most cases, we need no more than two ser-files (one for
> RI and one for Harmony). Add more postfix seems unnecessary. Is that OK
> if we have only two file, we just name them as
> "SomeClass.harmony/RI.ser"? And if there's only one ser-file, just name
> it as "someclass.ser"?

Yes, it is possible to omit index if there is only one ser-file. But I don't
like name "someclass.ser" because it doesn't contain info on which
implementation the file was generated. Also we will definitely have more
then two ser-files for several classes so we should agree how we index
ser-files.

Thanks,
Stepan.