harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] resource files for testing serialization - location and name?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 11:56:41 GMT
Hi,

During the last discussion no agreements were made - though it was very
useful for me. And I'd like to start new round for serialization testing. I
want to define rules for locating and naming resource files for
serialization. There is only agreement that we put all files for testing
serialization to folder:
modules/<module name>/src/test/resources/ and I'd like to work out a rules
where to locate ser files for a test inside that folder and how to name
them. I want to propose the following rules:

1)Path to resource files MUST match a test's package
I think it will be easier to find all test's resource files.

2)Resource file name MUST starts with a test's name
IMHO, it should be clear from resource file name which test use it

3)Resource file name MUST contain keywords pointing out to implementation
Keyword is intended to signal on which implementation a resource file was
generated – so we can track Harmony backward compatibility and compatibility
with RI. For example, for files generated on RI we may use 'golden' keyword
and for Harmony – 'harmony'.

4)Resource file name MUST contain some index.
In general, a test may use a set of resource files

To summarize: for test org.apache.harmony.tests.java.lang.SomeClassTest we
have the following structure
modules/luni/src/test/resources
    org/apache/harmony/tests/java/lang
        SomeClassTest.golden.0.ser