harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DRLVM contribution - try this out!
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 14:33:21 GMT
On 5/19/06, Ivan Volosyuk <ivan.volosyuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO, I would prefer new patch attached. Say, named like:
>  DRLVM-GCC-3.4_and_4.x-cumulative_v2.patch
>  DRLVM-GCC-3.4_and_4.x-cumulative_20060519.patch
>
> It could help people if something is working with old patch and
> suddenly stop working with new one. Please, write small description
> with patch instructions. List of changes are also welcomed.
> --
> Ivan

And I'm assuming each next patch would include the previous one, right?
I think it should be possible to get the contribution, then apply just
the latest _single_ patch and expect that the code most likely will be
working.

>From that perspective, it probably may make sense to name the patches
in a more or less generic way, say DRLVM_cumulative_patch_1,
DRLVM_cumulative_patch_X, ...
since not all of them will necessarily fix the GCC issues.

And each new cumulative patch created should probably go to a separate
JIRA, as Geir suggested.

Folks, does anyone have more ideas what could be the most optimal way
to maintain DRLVM for the interested parties while it isn't accepted
in SVN?

Thanks,
Andrey,