harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] build process improvement
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 13:26:53 GMT
> We would not want to couple the classlib to a particular VM however. So
> far I have been thinking
> about the HDK from a classlib perspective, without considering the VM
> used. I imagined that any
> developer who used a classlib HDK would just grab a VM snapshot (or the
> IBM VME) and overlay
> that onto the classlib HDK in the same way we overlay the VME onto
> deploy now.

Well, may be I'm missing some simple points here, but...
Is there any specific reason not to bundle a "Harmony VM" (let's
forget about DRLVM for now) into the HDK? Is this just a matter of
choice between SableVM, drlvm, e.t.c.?
I just thought it could be convenient for developers (as well as for
Harmony users) to take a complete workable JRE without an additional
need to combine something together.

Thank you,
Andrey Chernyshev
Intel Middleware Products Division