harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] build process improvement
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 16:46:13 GMT
> Working with Geronimo, I've got acquainted with Maven
> http://maven.apache.org/ build system, which solves this issue for
> pure-java projects:

Do you have an idea how it would handle the mixed projects? I guess VM
modules you are suggesting to split will mostly consist of the native
code, at least for a certain amount of time.

Note that if we keep the precompiled native modules in Maven
repository, we'll have to care about various combinations of OS,
compiler, release/debug mode for each precompiled module, this could
be a bit more complicated than just a single jar. Though, probably,
still doable.

Thanks,
Andrey.