harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DRLVM contribution - try this out!
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 09:58:59 GMT
> Using gcc 3.3.6, I'm stuck building native of vm.jitrino with link
> errors:

I can suggest that link errors may be result of previous compilation
with GCC 4.0 and then subsequent attempt to link with GCC 3.3.6.
You may do the "build clean" first if you are changing the things like
compiler, or, manually delete the directory
Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release before rebuilding.

We didn't check that this can be built on a whole variety of existing
Linux distributions and different GCC versions, this would be a huge
task that only Harmony can afford to do :)

One of the configurations that worked fine was:
SuSE Linux 9.2 (i586)
kernel release: 2.6.8-24-smp
gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)

Thanks,
Andrey.

On 5/4/06, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > 1) If you are behind a proxy, make sure to follow the instructions
> > regarding setting up the svn proxy [~/.subversion/servers].  The proxy
> > parameters to build.sh are not passed on to svn.
> >
> > 2) Don't try to use gcj as the JAVA_HOME for initial compilation.  I
> > tried this first but it looks for a tools.jar that gcj doesn't have. =20
> >
> > 3) I did not experience much success on Fedora Core 5.  I believe it is
> > a compiler issue w/ C++ compatibility [FC5 ships with gcc 4.1.0-3].
> > The errors that I get on Fedora core 5 are:
> >
> >        [cc]
> > /usr/local/src/Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release/semis/extra/log4cxx/sr
> > c/include/log4cxx/xml/domconfigurator.h:243: error: extra qualification
> > 'log4cxx::xml::DOMConfigurator::' on member 'subst'
> >        [cc]
> > /usr/local/src/Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release/semis/extra/log4cxx/sr
> > c/include/log4cxx/helpers/unicodehelper.h:98: error: extra qualification
> > 'log4cxx::helpers::UnicodeHelper::' on member 'lengthUTF8'
> >        [cc]
> > /usr/local/src/Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release/semis/extra/log4cxx/sr
> > c/include/log4cxx/helpers/unicodehelper.h:98: error: extra qualification
> > 'log4cxx::helpers::UnicodeHelper::' on member 'lengthUTF8'
> >        [cc]
> > /usr/local/src/Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release/semis/extra/log4cxx/sr
> > c/include/log4cxx/xml/domconfigurator.h:243: error: extra qualification
> > 'log4cxx::xml::DOMConfigurator::' on member 'subst'
> >        [cc]
> > /usr/local/src/Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release/semis/extra/log4cxx/sr
> > c/include/log4cxx/helpers/unicodehelper.h:98: error: extra qualification
> > 'log4cxx::helpers::UnicodeHelper::' on member 'lengthUTF8'
> >
> > 4) I switched back to a Fedora Core 4 system in the hopes that this
> > would resolve the compiler issue.  Fedora Core 4 comes with gcc
> > 4.0.0-8.  That doesn't see the errors above but has numerous warnings
> > then errors out with some C++ template prototype mismatches.  I can
> > send a log with the warnings/errors if desired.
> >
> > The readme indicates that gcc is supported [CXX=gcc].
> >
> > Is there a specific version of gcc required to get this to compile on
> > Fedora Core 4 or Fedora Core 5?
>
> In case this helps anyone else on Linux, I had a few problems:
>
> 1) missing bfd.h
>
> Fixed by installing binutils-dev on Debian.
>
> 2) Missing ext/stl_hash_fun.h
>
> I was using gcc/g++/libstdc++ 4.0.3 and this header file is called
> ext/hash_fun.h on this version.  I figure from this that it was intended
> to be built using an older 3.x version where the header has the required
> name.
>
> Using gcc 3.3.6, I'm stuck building native of vm.jitrino with link
> errors:
>
> build.native.link:
>       [cc] 0 total files to be compiled.
>       [cc] Starting link
>       [cc] `.L3696' referenced in section `.rodata' of ../_obj/JavaLabelPrepass.o: defined
in discarded section `.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN7Jitrino16JavaLabelPrepass11getJavaTypeEPNS_4TypeE'
of ../_obj/JavaLabelPrepass.o