harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building DRLVM and classlib on x86_64 platform
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 16:44:29 GMT
Hi Gregory/Andrey,
On 5/11/06, Andrey Chernyshev <a.y.chernyshev@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I can create a JIRA issue with the patch because I think that all
> classlib
> > shared libraries should be built with -fPIC. Maybe there are other
> places
>
> >>Yes, there are some other places which would have to be slightly
> >>corrected to make this buildable on x86_64.
> >>But, may be it makes sense to ensure that everybody can build & run it
> >>successfully on the supported (e.g. IA32) configuration first?

    I agree. I think that it is premature to start patching the submission
for 64  bit, it's just too confusing.

   > Since port library comes only
   > in IA32 version, the file hysignal.c fails to compile, specifically
functions
   > infoForGPR, infoForControl and infoForModule. ...

   Architecture/platform specific code is a genuine issue. We will need to
fix files like hysignal.c ( and others similar ) when we do the 64 bit port.

Thanks,
Rana Dasgupta
Intel Middleware Development.