harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] proposal to port MMTK to drlvm
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 04:14:59 GMT
On 5/24/06, Ivan Volosyuk <ivan.volosyuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agree. We have the GC interfaces declared in:

hmm... who is the "we"?  Perhaps you are referring to Harmony DRLVM
donation.  Incidentally, my original question about MMTK interface

>  vm/include/open/gc.h
>  vm/include/open/vm_gc.h
> The interfaces hide implementation of VM, providing functionality to
> get root set in stop-the-world state, callbacks for object allocation
> and write barriers.
> Please, take a look at it. If you have questions, suggestions,
> extension feel free to ask.

OK.  Will do.  Thanks again.
Incidentally, how do I ask Apache legal to tell us if MMTK license is
compatible with Apache?  I'd hate to start a port of MMTK to Harmony
JVM only to find out that the end-product can not be checked-in to
Apache svn.

> --
> Ivan
>
> 2006/5/25, Daniel Feinberg <csdread@gmail.com>:
> > So i have something to chime in with. Since this could be simple from
> > the beginning and grow more complex as we develop it, we could start
> > with an interface to the VM. This part is fairly isolated in the code.
> > I think that as a starting point would be good.
> >
> > What does everybody else think?
> >
> > Daniel

Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division