harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] proposal to port MMTK to drlvm
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 18:29:47 GMT
> Hi Weldon,
>    Does your research show that MMTk has a functional dependency on Write
> Barriers?
Good question.  I want to play by Apache rules.  I am waiting for
Apache legal to inform us if we can port MMTK to an Apache Harmony
JVM.

>My understanding of write barriers is as an optimization.
That fits with my understanding of write barriers also.   I do not
know for certain but suspect that MMTK can somehow be configured such
that write barriers are not required for correctness.  Maybe Dan
Feinberg can tell the mailing list.