harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Acceptance of HARMONY-114 : rough draft of files that glue Harmony Class Lib to JCHEVM native methods
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 00:02:05 GMT
Archie,
Thanks for getting this entered into SVN so quickly.  I did a quick
check and it looks like you grabbed the most recent version.  By the
way, the directory structure is still somewhat ambiguous.  I keep
thinking we may want to put .../gnu.../... in the tree to distinguish
this specific adapter.   The reason is that someday someone may want
to build an adapter for a non-GNU class library.  It would be nice to
get this kind of directory organization sorted out now.  Making mods
to the directory structure at a later date probably means hardcoded
makefiles will need to be changed.

On 5/1/06, Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org> wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> > We have 9 votes in favor, none against, and one reasonable question
> > about destination.
> >
> > I think that we should let Archie bring it into SVN. :)  It was
> > suggested as
> >
> >          enhanced/gnuclasspathadapter/trunk/
> >
> > but I'd suggest
> >
> >          enhanced/classlibadapter/trunk/
> >
> > to make it generic, because ya never know - there could be other VMs out
> > there for which we might make an adapter to the Apache Harmony clsaslib ;)
> >
> > So far, we work with IBMs VM directly, soon any GNU Classpath capable
> > VM, and maybe......
> >
> > Archie, please do "as is" in the zip file and then cleanup from there
> > for traceable accountability.  Thx
>
> Done.. r398726.
>
> -Archie

Weldon Washburn