harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] java.util.concurrency
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 00:48:34 GMT

Nathan Beyer wrote:
> I was browsing Doug's Concurrency interest page [1] and noticed that the
> code is available in a CVS repository and all of the j.u.c class are
> copyrighted with a Creative Commons public domain license [2].

Yes, that's been Doug's claim and my motivation for using the code from
there.  We'd have to examine it from the POV of the ACQ for any issues
like that, but I wouldn't imagine we'd have any large problems.

> The TCK
> source seems to be there as well. Assuming this is an acceptable license by
> Apache terms, it would seem we could use this code.

Assuming we can take the code, we could incorporate that TCK code into
our normal test suite.

> Additionally, there is a pre-built JAR [3], which could possible be used for
> development purposes if dropped into the bootclasspath.

Give it a whirl :)  let us know :)

geir