harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Dowdall <rdowd...@qnx.com>
Subject Re: Harmony on QNX
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 14:34:54 GMT
Thanks everyone for responding.  In an effort to save emails I'm just
going to  lump my responses in to one email.

Geir:  Thanks for the response.  I just wanted to know if it had been
done on one of the other hosts.  If has worked on the other hosts, then
I figure it should be doable on QNX.

Tim:  We are interested.  It's been awhile since we've been able to use
J9 on QNX to run our Eclipse tools.  We have a solution in place right
now, but we would like to have the option of using J9.  If we can use
harmony that would be great.  For now, I'm just going to see if I can
get the natives to compile for QNX and then I'll go from there.

Egor:  Yep,  3.1 will run on QNX if you use Aonix's VM for QNX.  That is
our current solution.  We are investigating the use of J9 through
Harmony as our official Java story is IBM's J9.   Eclipse dropped QNX
support when a publicly available VM to run it went away.

Paulex and Alex:  Thanks for the info.  I wasn't sure if Harmony had
been used to run Eclipse.  If it's been used in a demo than that is a
good start as far as I am concerned.

Mikhail:  Thanks for running a test.  No special test case is required.
Just wanted to see if it was possible.

Thanks for the positive feedback.  I'm new to the whole mailing list
thing and I wasn't sure what kind of response I was going to receive
concerning this.

I'll keep in touch ( especially if I have problems :-) ).

Rodney