harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: OPEN Specification
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 12:42:31 GMT

Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> Are you proposing that all Harmony JVMs must abide by the OPEN proposal?

I won't attempt to speak for Anton, but IMO, "no".

Right now, any JVM that works w/ Harmony classlib must simply support
the class library's virtual machine interface.

>  If yes, I think that some process has to be put in place to present and
> discuss each of this proposal's part, and dedicate time to do so.  IMO,
> I don't think that everyone (in the JVM sub-communityof Harmony) can
> simply read through this proposal and be able to make an enlightened
> decision about it.  I think that each point would gain much from being
> presented along the motivation behind it.

Yes, I think that we'll need lots of discussion around this proposal.

In the future, can we prefix subject lines related to this with [OPEN]
or such so poeple interested in the subject can easily identify threads
related to it?

geir