harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Dowdall <rdowd...@qnx.com>
Subject Harmony on QNX
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 21:48:05 GMT
Hello

I've been investigating the possible use of Harmony on QNX.  We would
like to use it, along with the QNX j9 VM, to run our self-hosted Eclipse
based tools.  I was looking through the code today and while it would be
some work, I think the port should be relatively straightforward.  What
I am afraid of is that I would get the port done only to find that it
cannot run Eclipse. The statement that leads me to believe that Harmony
isn't mature enough to run a full blown Eclipse is the following from
the Harmony website:

" This contribution is sufficient to run Ant and the Eclipse Java
compiler, to provide a basic self-hosting environment. IBM also made a
version of their J9 VM available
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony> for use by the
project in evaluating this contribution."

I realize this is a fairly old statement, but I would just like to know
if Harmony would be able to accomplish what I am hoping it can.

Thanks,
Rodney