harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: OPEN Specification
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 15:50:23 GMT
Hi Anton,

Are you proposing that all Harmony JVMs must abide by the OPEN proposal?
 If yes, I think that some process has to be put in place to present and
discuss each of this proposal's part, and dedicate time to do so.  IMO,
I don't think that everyone (in the JVM sub-communityof Harmony) can
simply read through this proposal and be able to make an enlightened
decision about it.  I think that each point would gain much from being
presented along the motivation behind it.

For example, would your OPEN proposal work with a bidirectional object
layout, without incurring prohivitive performance costs?  [Just asking,
I didn't have time to read through all of it...]

Of course, this is only an opinion.  :-)

Etienne