harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classlib build problem?
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 11:29:48 GMT
Vladimir Gorr wrote:

>> > maybe does it make sense adding the RI rt.jar to CLASSPATH for the
>> > ECJ-based
>> > compiler?
>> > In this case all we didn't implemented will be taken from RI. Is this a
>> > stupid idea?
>>
>> You can add the RI's class libraries using a command-line option if you
>> so choose, but I don;t think we should build the Harmony javac to have
>> dependencies upon the RI.
>
> Ok, I see and absolutely agree with you. But I have one question :-).
> Suppose API developers will import some unimplemented (into Harmony) class
> for the development needs
> and build with Sun's compiler (He will see no any compiler's errors).
> Are there the dependencies upon the RI for Harmony javac in this case?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

By default, our javac will run on the Harmony JRE and compile against
the Harmony class libraries (i.e. no dependencies on the RI at all).

However, it is possible against any other class libraries, including the
RI (e.g. javac -cp rt.jar Foo.java).  The compiler is still running on
the Harmony JRE.

Does that answer your question?

Regards,
Tim