harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Multi-tree HDK config - working directory ( was Re: Supporting working on a single module?)
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 12:41:01 GMT

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/5/25, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com>:
>> I imagine that an HDK would come in a zip format, much like the current
>> snapshots [2].
> I also suggest to add build date into zip name and internal directory name.
> Something like HDK_20060525/deploy and so on...

Yes, I assumed we'd be stamping it that way, but it's good to state it
so it can be discussed.

> It will let us keep few copies of HDK in the same place for testing
> purposes.

That is what I've been driving at...  it's a combination of either
multiple version for testing a single codebase, one version for multiple
development projects (Aka Mark), or a combination.  Add in the variance
w/ VMs...

I think of this like the SDK.  I have multiple different versions of the
SDK on my machine (1.4, 5, ...) and when working in a project, I
configure the environment to use the version I need.  I don't keep them
in zip files, and unzip the Java SDK into each project....