harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Multi-tree HDK config - working directory ( was Re: Supporting working on a single module?)
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 18:32:32 GMT
Some stuff that got lost (because I got consumed by J1 and I was the
only one pushing on it) was the idea of ensuring that

1) the HDK could be anywhere - the was no hard-wired spot.  That allowed
having multiple simultaneous HDKs (ex different snapshot version) at the
same time as a full build

2) the build should ensure that the materials of the HDK never get
overwritten so that we can always tell a contributor w/ a question
"first, before we debug this, do a ant hdk-copy.." or something to
easily get them to a known good state.

This to me sounds like we need some kind of working directory and a
'hdk-copy' target.

The working model then allows freedom of choosing an hdk or a current
full build as the 'base' to work with...

Does this make any sense to anyone else?

geir