harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Repackaged IBM VME
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 08:15:33 GMT
Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There is now a repackaged version of the IBM VME available at:
>>
>> https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?lang=en_US&source=ahdk

>> The new VME archives are called Harmony-vme-win.IA32-v3.zip for Windows
>> and Harmony-vme-linux.IA32-v3.tar.gz for Linux.
>>
>> Following discussion on the mailing list [1], the IBM VME has been
>> reorganised
>> into the following directory layout:
>>
>> <EXTRACT_DIR>
>>       +---jre
>>       |    |
>>       |    \---bin
>>       |         |
>>       |         \---default
>>       \---vme_license
>>
>> The actual VME binaries are still the same as the previous version,
>> but the
>> new layout means it can be dropped into both the current development
>> environment and also any future classlib jre/jdk/hdk snapshots that
>> are taken.
>>
>> Since this is purely a directory layout update, those who already
>> have a version
>> of the IBM VME in their environment will *not* need to get the new
>> packages.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oliver
>>
>> [1]
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200605.mbox/%3c446C3B8D.2020804@googlemail.com%3e

> That's great!

Thanks Jimmy!
I should reiterate in case anyone misinterprets my message - these new
VME packages
contain exactly the same binaries as the previous version i.e. they are
at a 1.4 level.
The changes in this VME version are purely cosmetic, and are made in
response to
recent discussions on the list (as described above).

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin