harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r407752 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src: main/java/org/apache/harmony/luni/internal/net/www/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 10:19:06 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Hi George
>
> Wasn't that you who strictly opposed logging to stderr ~3-5 months
> ago?  :)
> As I remember, you said that no one will read that stderr.

Hi Mikahil,

Did I say that ? :-)

Actually I still feel that way. That's why I would really rather that we
had a "local" lightweight server that would enable the test to run as
nature intended.

> I think the tests we have here are kind of needing 'exotic'
> configuration,
> and they should be separated and not included to the regular
> pre-commit run.

So, for instance, all tests that had a dependency on a remote server
would be run in a separate suite ? Would the introduction of a local
server such as Jetty - that would get started and stopped as part of the
normal test run - remove the need for something like that ?

I'm off to double check on what I have said in previous emails... :-)

Best regards,
George