harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r407752 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src: main/java/org/apache/harmony/luni/internal/net/www/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 09:49:11 GMT
Hi Stepan,

Yes, there is probably scope for adding some logic to this test method
where - in the event of no network connection we write a message to
stderr and move on. An alternative is to provide for connections to be
opened up against a server on the local machine. A couple of days ago I
spent some time adding the small, lightweight (and Apache licensed)
Jetty server to the LUNI tests. In my local sandbox the LUNI
make/build.xml file the run.tests target was updated to start up Jetty
--> run the LUNI tests --> stop Jetty. It worked fine apart from a
glitch I had getting the cgi-bin to work properly in Jetty. Apparently
this is a fairly common problem when it is used on Windows. I'm starting
to feel that it might be best to exclude the one or two cgi-bin related
tests in the LUNI tests for now in the interests of bringing Jetty on
board. It would certainly help get some more java.net tests up and
running and enable this particular test case to run without the need for
a network connection. What do you think ?

I would, of course, float the Jetty proposal on the dev list first to
make sure we were all happy with the suggestion :-)

Best regards,
George