harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] resource files for testing serialization - location and name?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 10:04:55 GMT
Stepan Mishura wrote:
> On 5/18/06, Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
>>
>> > Stepan Mishura wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>> > 4)Resource file name MUST contain some index.
>> > In general, a test may use a set of resource files
>> >
>> > To summarize: for test
>> org.apache.harmony.tests.java.lang.SomeClassTestwe
>> > have the following structure
>> > modules/luni/src/test/resources
>> >    org/apache/harmony/tests/java/lang
>> >        SomeClassTest.golden.0.ser
>> >        SomeClassTest.golden.1.ser
>> >        SomeClassTest.golden.2.ser
>> >        SomeClassTest.harmony.0.ser
>> >        SomeClassTest.harmony.1.ser
>>
>> For they are ser-files of a certain class, why not name it with the
>> class's name, e.g. someclass.X.X.ser?
>

> We may wish to create a number of tests for a class with names like
> SomeClass1Test, SomeClass2Test .... So it will be clear from ser-file name
> which test use it if the ser-file name starts with test's name.

In the discussion we have a position for index in the name, maybe it is
better to use that. ".ser" suggests it is a ser-file of one class, after
all it is not the ser-file of the test itself, right? :)

However IMHO, in most cases, we need no more than two ser-files (one for
RI and one for Harmony). Add more postfix seems unnecessary. Is that OK
if we have only two file, we just name them as
"SomeClass.harmony/RI.ser"? And if there's only one ser-file, just name
it as "someclass.ser"?

> Thanks,
> Stepan

Best Regards!