harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] build process improvement
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 09:44:29 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Salikh Zakirov wrote:
>
>> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
>>
>>> My personal opinion is we need to improve the existent build system for
>>> DRLVM contribution.
>>> Therefore there are no needs to compile them each of participants. It'd be
>>> fine to have these sources pre-compiled (another snapshot?)
>>>
>> The idea of having something precompiled looks close
>> to idea of HDK (Harmony Development Kit): to have a
>> binary bundle which makes development of Harmony as convenient as possible.
>>
>> I think having third party libraries precompiled qualifies as making
>> DRLVM developer life easier, so it is well worth of implementing in HDK.
>>
>> As far as I remember, the consensus about HDK was that it would be
>> a good thing, but nobody yet volunteered to do it.
>>

> FYI:  Oliver said he was working on it, and has some JIRAs outstanding
> to move us towards this goal.

Thanks Tim - seems I lost Salikhs original message in my inbox somewhere.

I have raised HARMONY-469 to rearrange the deploy directory under
Classlib into the proposed HDK shape:

deploy/
   \----jdk
           |----include
           \----jre

Im also going to work on creating a doc for the website that describes
the proposed
layout, in a similar style to the "Project Conventions" docs at [1].

Regards,
Oliver

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/index.html