harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So today Sun announced...
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:32:52 GMT
Fernando Cassia skrev  den 17-05-2006 14:35:

> but VisualAge is still alive - it has just been
>> rewritten from Scheme to Java and been renamed to Eclipse (or Rational
>> Application Developer).  You may have heard of it :)
>

> While I like Netbeans, I know about Eclipse and I heard about the
> contributions to it based on VA. However, I don't think I can start
> pasting
> VisualAge for Basic code into Eclipse and create win32, OS/2, or AIX
> binaries from it like it was possible with VA for Basic, or can I?
Sorry, I was talking about VisualAge for Java.  Apparently the other
branches have been put to rest :)

The Rational Application Developer for iSeries (which is Eclipse with
extra stuff) surprised me by requireing a meager 4 Gb on my harddrive,
but astonished me when it needed to download 1 Gb of updates...  So,
Geir, the "holy bloat" could be a _LOT_ worse :)

--
  Thorbjørn