harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Acceptance of HARMONY-199 : Contribution of javax.crypto and java.math
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 19:15:23 GMT

Mark Hindess wrote:
> On 15 May 2006 at 13:13, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Are you kidding?
>
> Well, it was just a question.  The "Personally ..." statement was just
> my opinion based on my (naive) assumptions about the voting process.

:)

> I guess I'm just a pedant who likes to understand these thing, even
> when they don't matter, so there are no misunderstandings, when it does
> matter - if it was a deciding vote, for example.

True.  BTW, what you said about "no matter who posts it" was 100% right on.

That said, if we're in a position where there's a single tiebreaker
vote, in most cases where we'd be voting, IMO we have a problem.  (I
don't like contentious votes.. they aren't fun, and I'm doing this
because it's fun...)

>> IMO, any vote that makes it in before the votes are counted should
>> count.  The point of the 3 day (or n-day) time limit is to establish
>> the minimum amount of time (or give someone a chance to offer an
>> alternative) so that no one will be surprised.
>
> Fair enough.
>
>> I'm interested in other opinions, though...
>
> Me too.  Which is why I asked.
>

> Thanks for the explanation.

Lets see what others say...

I don't mind the slop in that direction because it lets people get their
vote in if they accidentally forgot (like I did...)

OTOH, if people feel strongly and want to adopt a mode where we have a
listed expiration date/time, I'm happy for that too...  I can usually
follow directions :)

geir