harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Exception throwing compatibility
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 10:28:57 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> 2006/5/12, George Harley <george.c.harley@googlemail.com>:
>> It sounds like there are as many interpretations of the guidelines as
>> their are correspondents on this topic :-)
>> My suggested change would be that we state that Harmony class library
>> code should throw exceptions of the same runtime class as the RI.
>
> -1
>
> Do not see any reason to disallow throwing a subclass
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

Nor can I off the top of my head. So you are advocating something like
"Harmony class library code should throw exceptions of the same runtime
class (or a subtype of that runtime class) as the RI" ? Do you have in
mind a particular example of this in the current code base ?

Best regards,
George