harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Layout of tests in beans module
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 09:03:27 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> George
>
> Is there any reason to make this changes now rather then complete
> discussion
> around the tests layout?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

Good point, I should have referenced that discussion. My proposed
changes are not intended to be the last word on the tests layout but
more an attempt to tidy up the tests into a smaller set of packages so
that it is hopefully easier to make the agreed changes in the future.
For instance, we presently have a number of test classes in different
packages (but with the same base name) that are testing the same API
types - I think there is value in merging these scattered tests together
so that we can all see precisely where the tests for a given public API
type should go. This will hopefully make it easier for folks to supply
patches that include unit test code as it removes any possible
ambiguities about which unit test class should contain the changes. It
would remove something I have seen a few times where separate JIRA
reports fixing bugs in a particular type supply unit test changes to
different test classes.

Best regards,
George